Podcast 68 – Magical Pennsylvania
This episode centers on Cory’s new home, Pennsylvania, and its magical/mystical lore. We have interviews, stories, conversations, and songs to help get a glimpse at the enchantment of the Keystone State.
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 68
Websites, Guests, & Visitors:
- Philadelphia Pagan Pride Day – Where we recorded a number of this show’s interviews.
- Great folks I met (and in some cases, recorded) at PPD Philly: Jowzeph (Old Gods & Indoor Plumbing) and Anne (The Gods Are Bored).
- The Witches of Pennsylvania Facebook Group – The best place to contact our interviewee, Thomas White
- Chris Orapello was a lovely addition to our conversation (my apologies that the sound quality during his interview was a bit wonky). See his promo link below, too.
- Distelfink Sippschaft – Where you can find out more about Urglaawe and its lore
- Witches of Pennsylvania: Occult History & Lore, by Thomas White (also see his author page for more titles)
- The First Book of Urglaawe Myths, by Robert L. Schreiwer (see our previous Pow-wow episode for an interview with him)
- Spooky Pennsylvania, by S. E. Schlosser
- Weird Pennsylvania, by Matt Lake
Please send in contest entries to email@example.com! We are giving away a copy of 54 Devils (my book, in either digital or print form, whichever you prefer) and a digital copy of Carolina Gonzalez’s book on reading the Spanish cards as well. All you have to do is send us your weirdest or most unique piece of personal holiday lore, along with a name we can read on-air and a general location (‘Illinois’ or ‘the Midwest,’ for example).
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Incidental music The Happy Dutchmen, from Archive.org. Songs include “The Pennsylvania Polka,” “The Beer Barrel Polka,” and “Eidelweiss,” among others.
1. Down at the Crossroads
Tags: America, American, braucherei, Chris Orapello, contest, corpse candle, cults, folk magic, folklore, history, Jersey Devil, new world witchery, Pennsylvania, Podcast, pow-wow, powwow, Rosicrucianism, stories, storytelling, tales, Thomas White, urglaawe, witch, witchcraft, witcheryBoth comments and pings are currently closed.