It’s been a while since we’ve done a contest, so let’s do one now! We mentioned it in our first February episode, but this post will give you all the nitty-gritty details. Basically, we want to do a second round of our Audio Spellbook, so all you have to do is send us the sound of *you* describing your favorite spell which uses everyday ingredients (things you could find in a spice cabinet, grocery store, or backyard, for example). You can check out Episode 88 – Everyday Magic or any of these posts to get an idea of what we mean:
- Blog Post 113 – Spiritual House Cleaning
- Blog Post 162 – Broom Lore
- Blog Post 182 – Lost in the Supermarket (Part I)
- Blog Post 183 – Lost in the Supermarket (Part II)
How to Enter
You can either record your spell and email it to us (in .mp3 or .wav format, please) at email@example.com or call us and leave us a voice mail on our official NWW hotline: (442) 999-4824 (that’s 442-99-WITCH, if it helps). You can also get extra entries (one each) by sharing either our Patreon page or this Contest Announcement via your favorite social media (make sure to tag us or get a screen capture you can email to us). Make sure we have your email address so we can contact you if you win. Also, please let us know what name you want us to use when sharing your audio spell (and announcing your name if you win).
What will you be entered to get? We’re giving away one of our New World Witchery Annual Mailers, the same one we sent out to this year’s Patreon patrons, which includes:
- A brand-new, highly exclusive New World Witchery t-shirt
- A handmade bottle of magical condition oil or mojo bag
- A pair of quite fancy coasters upon which you can rest beverages of choice while listening to your favorite podcasts
I may throw in another item or two, as well. The picture above gives you a pretty good idea what it looks like. In addition to the mailer, I’m also throwing in a couple of books from previous, current, and future guests:
- The Big Book of Practical Spells (forthcoming), by Judika Illes
- The Powwow Grimoire, by Robert Phoenix
- Curandero: A Life in Mexican Folk Healing, by Eliseo Torres
Pretty sweet, right? So get your entries in as soon as you can! Our deadline is Walpurgisnacht, April 30th, 2016 by midnight Eastern Standard Time.
We’re looking forward to seeing what you share! Thanks to all of our readers and listeners for all you do for us.