Podcast 64 – Sex and Magic
In this show, we discuss the use of sex as a magical tool (as well as magical tools that can be used for sex), and the ethics of mixing sex and magic from our points of view.
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 64
Some of the things discussed today include:
- Cory mentions the book, The Joy of Sex, by Alex Comfort
- The discussion of sex and scent brings up bay rum scented items, Bourbon French Parfums in New Orleans, and vanilla (oh, and you should also check out the scent-and-sex heavy book Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins)
- In Peter Paddon’s book, Grimoire for Modern Cunning Folk, the deluxe edition has some additional material on sexual fluids in magic. He also has a podcast discussion on sex magic that is excellent.
- Cory mentions the use of Damiana liqueur as an aphrodisiac
- We talk about using turkey bones in the Ozarks as a sexual magnet. You can find a picture about it here, and lots about it in Ozark Magic & Folklore, by Vance Randolph.
- The Crowley quote about masturbation comes from his book Magick.
- Cory mentions he’s been watching the occult series called Salem on WGN, and that our previous guest Papa Toad Bone may have a role on it at some point.
Keep watching for information on the next Pagan Podkin Supermoot, hosted by Fire Lyte in Chicago (in conjunction with the Pagan Pride Day up there).
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter! And check out our Facebook page!
Promos & Music
Title music: “Homebound,” by Jag, from Cypress Grove Blues. From Magnatune. Alternate title music was “Love Warrior,” from FOB, and can be found on MusicAlley.com.
1) The Crooked Path Podcast
2) Lakefront Pagan Voice
3) Down at the Crossroads