Podcast 64 – Sex and Magic
In this show, we discuss the use of sex as a magical tool (as well as magical tools that can be used for sex), and the ethics of mixing sex and magic from our points of view.
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 64
Some of the things discussed today include:
- Cory mentions the book, The Joy of Sex, by Alex Comfort
- The discussion of sex and scent brings up bay rum scented items, Bourbon French Parfums in New Orleans, and vanilla (oh, and you should also check out the scent-and-sex heavy book Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins)
- In Peter Paddon’s book, Grimoire for Modern Cunning Folk, the deluxe edition has some additional material on sexual fluids in magic. He also has a podcast discussion on sex magic that is excellent.
- Cory mentions the use of Damiana liqueur as an aphrodisiac
- We talk about using turkey bones in the Ozarks as a sexual magnet. You can find a picture about it here, and lots about it in Ozark Magic & Folklore, by Vance Randolph.
- The Crowley quote about masturbation comes from his book Magick.
- Cory mentions he’s been watching the occult series called Salem on WGN, and that our previous guest Papa Toad Bone may have a role on it at some point.
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!