Good news everyone!
Today I have some very fun events to share with y’all about events coming up later in the year. These will be opportunities to meet with one or both of your New World Witchery hosts, as well as to meet and greet other great people as well.
The Second Annual Pagan Podkin Supermoot
We mentioned this in our last episode, but both Laine and Cory will be attending the Second Annual Pagan Podkin Supermoot in Salem, MA, on the weekend of Sept. 17th, 2011. This is a gathering of Pagan and witchy podcasters from across the continent (we even have Canadians coming!), and there will be a big meet-and-greet on Saturday, Sept. 17th, at the Omen store. Fans are encouraged to come out and meet us, ask questions, be horribly disappointed in how boring we really are, etc. Some of the other podcasters who will be there include:
- Velma Nightshade – WitchesBrewHaha
- Fire Lyte – Inciting A Riot
- Gillian Chase – Iron Powaqa Radio
- Oraia Sphinx – Media Astra ac Terra
- Scarlet – A Lakefront Pagan Voice
- Saturn Darkhope – Pennies in the Well
- Christian Day – Hex Education
- Peter Paddon – The Crooked Path
- VII – Magick and Mundane
- Mojo & Sparrow – The Wigglian Way
- GreyWolf MoonSong – A Pagan Heart in Maine
Other podcasters may come, too, though they haven’t been able to confirm yet. There may be workshops and classes as well, though details are still being worked out at this point. We will probably also have a group lunch that day which fans will be able to attend, too. If you want to stay up to date on happenings with this event, check out the PPSM2 Website, and watch for tags like #ppsm2 on Twitter and Facebook.
A note on this event: While we both want to meet our fans and get to know you all, we do please ask that you not take any photos of Laine—she is still in the broom closet and can’t risk exposure. We’ll try to come up with something clever to allow you to still get a photo (maybe Cory in a wig or a sock puppet of some kind), but we hope you’ll understand about this issue.
West KY Hoodoo Rootworker Heritage Festival
This event will be taking place the weekend following PPSM2, from Sept. 23-25, 2011. It’s going to be focused on Southern Conjure practices, with an emphasis on hoodoo, rootwork, Pow-wow, granny magic, Vodoun, and Santeria/Lukumi. Some of the guest presenters will be:
- Jack Montgomery, author of American Shamans, NWW friend & interviewee
- Stephanie Palm, owner of Music City Mojo and Cory’s conjure teacher
- Temperance, owner of Temperance Alchemy and magician, healer, & interfaith minister extraordinaire
- Cory, from New World Witchery (hey, that’s me!…still not sure what I’m going to teach, but I’ll post that as soon as I figure it out)
- Telling Point, a musical act featuring a deep tribal rock sound
This festival is still in its early planning stages, but it will likely be growing and adding new guests, performers, and workshops between now and the end of summer.
The Heritage Festival is put on by the Spirit of the Earth Church and will take place near Hopkinsville, KY. It’s a multi-day camp-out type of festival, so be aware that you’ll need to bring your own tent or find a hotel nearby. Cory will definitely be attending at least part of the weekend. For more information, check out the event website. Updates will likely be made frequently, and we’ll try to mention it again as time gets closer for it.
There may be other events we mention or post as time goes on, but for now these are the two places you will be able to find at least one of us in person.
Hope to see you all soon! As always, thanks for reading!