Episode 86 – Local Witchcraft with Chris Orapello
In this show, Cory interviews Chris Orapello and his Majestic Consort, Tara, about their work with their local folkloric spirit, as well as their personal journeys into magical practice.
Please check out our Patreon page! You can help support the show for as little as a dollar a month, and get some awesome rewards at the same time. Even if you can’t give, spread the word and let others know, and maybe we can make New World Witchery even better than it is now.
Producers for this show: Corvus, Diana Garino, Renee Odders, Ye Olde Magic Shoppe, Raven Dark Moon, Ivory, The Witches View Podcast, Sarah, Molly, Catherine, AthenaBeth, & Jen Rue of Rue & Hyssop (if we missed you this episode, we’ll make sure you’re in the next one!). Big thanks to everyone supporting us!
- Be sure to visit Chris’ website, Down at the Crossroads (also known as The Infinite & the Beyond) where you can find out more about his podcast, his coven, and just oodles about the occult in general
- If you want to hear more lore about the Jersey Devil, listen to our 2012 Special Episode – American Devils (especially the second half of it)
- You can also find out more about the Jersey Devil at sites of folklore writer S.E. Schlosser and the New Jersey Tourism Board
- We briefly mention Chaos Magick, which is not a common subject on the show, so here’s a nice illustrated primer on the topic (and you should also check out Gordon White’s Rune Soup blog for more, too)
- Chris’s Sacred Source Statuary, where you can find his “Witchlord” statue (as well as others to come)
- Chris and Tara both are active with various Pagan Pride Days, primarily the South Jersey PPD, but also the Philly PPD, too
- Check out Krampuslauf Philadelphia: A Parade of Spirits, too, since Cory, Tara, and Chris all have participated in that event
- Some other events you may find Chris, Tara, and/or Cory at: FaerieCon East and the Witches Sabbat at Raven’s Knoll (Ontario)
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Promos & Music