Shownotes for Podcast 63 – The Dark Mother
This episode is a tribute to the figure of the Dark Mother, with songs, stories, and poetry (by a special guest!). Feel free to send in any thoughts you have about the darker aspects of the feminine divine, particularly those found in folk and fairy tales!
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 63
In this show we’re featuring several stories and a few poems as well as the music listed below. Stories are:
1) “The Juniper Tree” – by the Brothers Grimm, from Fairy Tales
2) “Lilith’s Cave” – recorded by Howard Schwartz, from Lilith’s Cave
3) “Leyenda de La Llorona” – recorded by Richard Dorson, in Buying the Wind
4) “Inuit Myth of Sedna” – collected by Leeming & Page, from Myths, Legends, & Folktales of America
Poems are all courtesy of Peter Paddon, host of the Crooked Path podcast, and proprietor of the excellent Pendraig Publishing company.
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter! And check out our Facebook page!
Promos & Music
Title music: “Homebound,” by Jag, from Cypress Grove Blues. From Magnatune.
1) Heather Dale – Mordred’s Lullabye (Avalon)
2) SJ Tucker – Kashkash (Solace & Sorrow)
3) Leslie Fish – Hymn to the NIght Mare (Avalon is Risen)
4) Casey Redmond – Mother’s Acting Strange (MusicAlley.com)
5) Wendy Rule – Creator/Destroyer (Wolf Moon) and Singing to the Bones (World between Worlds)
Incidental music was by SJ Tucker (from the Ember Days soundtrack) and Disparition.