Our annual “Tales and Wassails” episode for the midwinter nights
The apple lore can be found in our Post #143 – Apples.
Some upcoming publications from us:
Cory recently contributed to The Gorgon’s Guide to Magical Resistance, edited by Jenn Zahrt and Laura Tempest Zakroff (which includes his “penis trees” article along with a lot of other great pieces) and the upcoming release of the Llewellyn’s Complete Book of North American Folk Magic, out in Spring 2023. Also be on the lookout for our upcoming collaborative book Conjuring the Commonplace: A Guide to Everyday Enchantment and Junk Drawer Magic also coming in 2023 from 1000Volt Press.
You can now buy Cory’s book, New World Witchery: A Trove of North American Folk Magic! (also available from Amazon)
Please note that clicking on links may provide some monetary compensation to New World Witchery.
Image via Pixabay (Used under CC 2.0 License, modified by New World Witchery)
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment at the website: www.newworldwitchery.com . We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter! And check out our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we are also on TikTok now. You can follow us on Instagram (main account, or you can follow Laine as well) or check out our new YouTube channel with back episodes of the podcast and new “Everyday Magic” videos, too (as well as most of our contest announcements)! Have something you want to say? Leave us a voice mail on our official NWW hotline: (442) 999-4824 (that’s 442-99-WITCH, if it helps).
Promos and Music:
- “Old Christmas,” by Boyd Asher (Library Of Congress – Public Domain)
- “Jingle Bells,” by Morrie Morrison Orchestra (AudioSocket)
- “Fum Fum Fum” by the US Army Men’s Choir (Public Domain)
- “Pat-a-Pan,” by the Concordia Choir (Archive.org)
- “Good King Wenceslas,” by the Harmony Choristers (Archive.org)
- “Angels We Have Heard on High,” by Joe Matzzie (AudioSocket)
- “Soul Cake,” by the Pagan Carolers (Archive.org)
- “Carol of the Birds,” by Columbus Boyschoir (Archive.org)
- “Sing We Noel Once More,” by the Harmony Choristers (Archive.org)
- “The Wassail Song,” by the English Singers (Archive.org)
- “We’ve Been A-Wandering,” by Concordia Choir (Archive.org)
- “Somerset Wassail,” by the Pagan Carolers (Archive.org)
- “Carol of the Bells,” by Columbus Boyschoir (Archive.org)
- “Green Groweth the Holly,” by the Pagan Carolers (Archive.org)
- “The Boar’s Head Carol,” by the Pagan Carolers (Archive.org)
- “Silent Night,” by Steven Rice (AudioSocket)
- “Da Day Dawn,” by Samantha Gillogly (used with permission of artist)
Incidental music includes work by Kevin MacLeod, made available under a CC 2.0 license, and found at the FreeMusicArchive.org
If you like us AND you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you will love our new show: Myth Taken: A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Podcast, now available through all the podcatchers! You can also check out Cory’s folklore show, Chasing Foxfire, where he explores the intersection of folklore and topics like history, medicine, science, nature, literature, pop culture, and more!
Please think about checking out our Audible Trial program. Visit Audibletrial.com/newworldwitchery to get your free trial of Audible, where you can download over 180,000 titles (including some narrated by Cory). Your purchases help support this show, and there’s no obligation to continue after the free trial