Greetings to all you magically-minded folk out there!
In our most recent episode, we sort of came up with an idea for a contest on the fly, and asked you to send us ideas of unusual or particular items you’ve got lying around that you’d like to find a way to work into a spell somehow. Many of you are already sending us your ideas, which is wonderful, but we thought it would be a good idea to announce the contest a little more formally and let you know just what it is you’re entering for a chance to win. And so, here are the official rules!
Everyday Magical Objects Contest Giveaway
**Ways to Enter**
- Send us your magical object idea via email (you can try via social media, but we can’t guarantee we’ll get it that way). Please send just one object at a time, and give us enough of a description of the object that we know exactly what it is. If you can, give us some context, like what kind of magical practice you follow (so that when we come up with a response, it might actually be useful to you). This is definitely not a “stump the chumps” situation—that would be too easy with us!—so send us things that you genuinely want to know about. You can send us as many as you like, but each person can only be entered once for sending in an idea.
- If you’re a sponsor of ours on Patreon at any level, $1+, you’ve already got one free entry! If you become a sponsor before the contest deadline, you’ll also get the free entry.
- Share one of our episodes (a favorite or one you think others should hear) via social media and tag us for an additional entry! (We’re on Facebook and Twitter, so make sure you’re using the tags appropriate to those mediums or we won’t know you’ve shared anything).
That gives you the chance to get up to three entries per person! (Please note, prize winners must be located someplace where it is legal to ship the contents of the prize packs from the United States)
**What You Can Win**
We’re going to give away two different prize packs, each chosen randomly from our selection of entrants (NOTE: If you win one prize pack, you cannot win the other one, sorry!).
Crafty Cards Prize Pack
This prize pack will contain:
- A signed copy of Cory’s card-reading book, 54 Devils
- A deck of Wylie Beckert’s Wicked Kingdom playing cards (see the images above and check out her website, as these cards are gorgeous and perfect for cartomancy!)
- A deck of the Fantod Pack, cards inspired by and drawn from the work of grim children’s author Edward Gorey, interpreted by Madame Groeda Weyrd
- A free email-based card-reading from Cory! Ask your questions, receive answers from the great beyond! (or at least from Cory at his computer)
Wicked Stories Prize Pack
This prize pack contains things from or inspired by weird or magical stories:
- A copy of the excellent and terrifying graphic novel Wytches, by Scott Snyder and Jock
- A deck of Wylie Beckert’s Wicked Kingdom playing cards, which tell their own strange story
- Several CDs from the Florida Folklife Collection, packed full of blues, bluegrass, and plentyof murder ballads
- A “Dracula, Lord of Cunning” spellwork candle from Coventry Creations, based on both the character from Bram Stoker’s book and the Vampire Tarot by Robert M. Place
Both prize packs may also get a few extra goodies in them, too! If these prizes sound appealing to you, we’d love for you to enter to win!
The deadline for getting your entries to us will be Midnight, EST, Friday September 1st, 2017.
What will we be doing with your entries? Well, they’ll be part of an upcoming show (or more than one), of course! So make sure if you want us to keep you anonymous or use a pseudonym, you tell us in your email.
We can’t wait to see what you send us! Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!
-Cory & Laine