This episode looks at various harvest festivals, including Michaelmas, Mid-Autumn Festival, and Thanksgiving. It includes poems, songs, stories, and a pair of essays. Enjoy!
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 56
- “To Autumn,” William Blake
- “Gathering Leaves,” Robert Frost
- “To Autumn,” John Keats
- “After Apple-Picking,” Robert Frost
Stories & Essays
- “Michaelmas,” by Cory
- “Corn Mother,” a Penobscot Legend found in American Indian Myths & Legends
- “Corn,” by Cory (from the blog)
- “Two Accounts of the First Thanksgiving”
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter! And check out our Facebook page!
Keep an eye out for more info on the New Orleans Magical Meetup on Novemer 8-10, 2013! You can follow the official Facebook page, or watch the website for more details!
Promos & Music
Title music: “Homebound,” by Jag, from Cypress Grove Blues. From Magnatune.
- “Autumn Time,” LIbana
- “Lillibulero,” Shira Kammen
- “Harvest Hymn,” The Revels
- “John Barleycorn,” Jack Montgomery
- “Darkness,” Cynthia McQuillen
- “White Mare/Hoof & Horn,” Pagan Carolers
One thought on “Podcast 56 – Harvest Home”
Excellent show! I love harvest time and being in the middle of a huge farming area in upper Maryland, we see it on a daily basis. Thanks for mentioning and linking back to the Corm Maiden info and pic I sent into the blog a season or two ago. I’ve been looking for more uncut areas and if I see something I will send you more pics to look through.
Again, great episode, it really made my week as we transition to Autumn!
Comments are closed.