Podcast 47 – Yultide Greetings! 2012
-SHOWNOTES FOR EPISODE 47–
This is our annual holiday special, featuring music, poetry, stories, and recipes! Here’s wishing you all the best for your holiday season and a happy new year to come!
Download: Episode 47 – Yuletide Greetings 2012
Stories & Poetry:
“Susie’s Letter from Santa Claus,” by Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
“The Goblins Who Stole a Sexton,” by Charles Dickens
“The Boy Who Laughed at Santa Claus,” by Ogden Nash
A history of the Christmas candle in the window, from Fantasy-Ireland.com
Recipes (All cocktails this year):
After Five – Cory
Amber Dream/Winterbeer – Cory
Egg Nog, extra fancy – Laine
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter!
Promos & Music
- “All Hayle to the Days, To Drive the Cold Winter Away,” Harper’s Hamper
- “Dancing Day I – A Virgin Most Pure,” Steven Potvin & Con Brio Choir
- “O Come Emmanuel,” Mary Ellen Kirk
- “A v Jerusalime,” Kitka
- “Rise Up Bright Sun,” Leslie Fish*
- “The Huron Carol,” Tracy Helen
- “Green Grow’th the Holly,” Pagan Carolers
- “The Holly Bears a Berry,” Shira Kamen
- “The Holly/Witches Dance,” Harper’s Hamper
- “I Saw Three Ships,” Dusty Hughes
- “Tapster Drynker,” Shira Kamen
- “Wassail,” In Nova Cantica
- “Tsarko Momche…,” Kitka
- “Chestnut, Daphne, Scotch Cap,” Music for a Winter’s Eve
- “The Blood-red Rose at Yule,” Music for a Winter’s Eve
- “Nu zit Wellekome,” Ralph Rousseau Muelenbroeks
- “We Three Kings,” Jennifer Avalon
- “The Wheel of the Year,” Shira Kamen
- “Patapan,” Fugli
- “Twelfth Eve, Christmas Cheer, Chestnut Vagary,” Harper’s Hamper
- “Le Brandevin,” Shira Kamen
- “Da Day Dawn,” Samantha Gillogly*
Underscoring music is “We Three Kings,” by Two Harps, and “Ding Dong Merrily on High,” by Tracy Helen, both from MusicAlley.
*Used by permission of the artist.
Tags: carols, Charles Dickens, Christmas, Christmas Eve, folklore, holidays, Mark Twain, new world witchery, Ogden Nash, Podcast, solstice, stories, storytelling, tales, wassail, winter, witch, witchcraft, witcheryBoth comments and pings are currently closed.