Reminder – Speak-a-Spell Contest Ending Tonight!
This is just a friendly reminder that the deadline to enter our Speak-a-Spell Contest is midnight tonight! If you’ve been thinking about submitting but haven’t done so yet, there’s no time like the present. We’ll be compiling all the recordings into a sort of ‘audio spellbook’ when we’re done, so keep that in mind when submitting.
A quick summary of the rules:
- Share a favorite spell that you’ve used and which works for you
- Files <5 minutes in length, in .mp3, .m4a, AAC, or .wav format
- Tell us who you are and where you’re from, generally
- Please tell us all spell components and describe actions carefully
- Send us your file at firstname.lastname@example.org , subject line: “Audio Spell Contest”
- Deadline November 18th, 2011 (THAT’S TONIGHT!)
If there’s absolutely no way for you to record your spell in your own voice, you can submit it as a written spell, and Laine and/or I will read it for the show in your stead.
The prizes up for grabs are three books by New World Witchery guests:
- American Shamans by Jack Montgomery
- The Encyclopedia of Mystics, Saints, & Sages by Judika Illes
- The Voodoo Hoodoo Spellbook by Denise Alvarado
Prizes and winners will be picked at random, but any of these books would be a great addition to a magical library.
If you’ve already submitted and want to do another entry, feel free! Every submission gets you an entry into the contest.
Thanks to all those who’ve sent in spells and to those who have been spreading the word! This should be a pretty neat project when it’s all done.