Some of the sources for lore and information in this episode include:
- The Krampus and the Old Dark Christmas, by Al Ridenour
- The Old Magic of Christmas, by Linda Raedisch
- The Encyclopedia of Mystics, Saints, & Sages, by Judika Illes
You can now buy Cory’s book, New World Witchery: A Trove of North American Folk Magic! (also available from Amazon)
Please note that clicking on links may provide some monetary compensation to New World Witchery.
Image via Pixabay (Used under CC 2.0 License, modified by New World Witchery)
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment at the website: www.newworldwitchery.com . We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter! And check out our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we are also on TikTok now. You can follow us on Instagram (main account, or you can follow Laine as well) or check out our new YouTube channel with back episodes of the podcast and new “Everyday Magic” videos, too (as well as most of our contest announcements)! Have something you want to say? Leave us a voice mail on our official NWW hotline: (442) 999-4824 (that’s 442-99-WITCH, if it helps).
Promos and Music:
- “I Saw Three Ships/Kerry Jig Medley,” by The Morisson Players
- “Greensleeves,” by Trillium
- “God Rest Ye,” by Phil Symonds
- “Good King Wenceslas,” by Matthew Reid
- “Noche de Paz/Silent Night,” by Emma Wallace
- “Un Flambeau Jeanette Isabella,” by Emma Wallace
- “Miss Fogarty’s Christmas Cake,” by Trillium
- “We Three Kings,” by Jarad Austin
- “Carol of Pianos,” by Emmett Cook
- “Angels We Have Heard on High,” by Joe Matzzie
If you like us AND you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you will love our new show: Myth Taken: A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Podcast, now available through all the podcatchers!
Please think about checking out our Audible Trial program. Visit Audibletrial.com/newworldwitchery to get your free trial of Audible, where you can download over 180,000 titles (including some narrated by Cory). Your purchases help support this show, and there’s no obligation to continue after the free trial