Hello Magical Folk!
Above you’ll see (hopefully) a video for our latest addition to our YouTube channel. In it, I’m sharing some of the things I picked up on a recent family trip to Disney World and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida. I focus especially on stuff with a magical edge to it, so it might be interesting to some of you. Sorry about the grainy film quality and the weird out-of-sync mouth/words about halfway through the video–no idea what happened!
In the video, I also mention we’re doing a contest that you might want to get in on, too! The rules of the contest are simple:
- Share any of our videos from our YouTube channel via your favorite social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)* Feel free to tag us on those platforms, too, if you like!
- Comment on the video above (the Disney/HP Haul video) telling us which video you shared and where you shared it
*We’d especially love it if you shared around our Compass & Key Charm School video on Sea Witches and Merfolk, since that has a tie-in to this project. We’d also love it if you’d consider subscribing to the YouTube channel, too!
That’s it! If you’re one of our awesome Patreon supporters, you automatically get an entry into the contest, too. And you can get multiple entries by sharing multiple videos (just leave a separate comment for each one you share so we can add you to the tally properly).
So what can you win? I’m glad you asked! The prize pack for this contest includes:
- A deck of exclusive Haunted Mansion glow-in-the-dark playing cards from the Magic Kingdom
- An adorable folk magic daruma doll from the Japan pavilion in Epcot
- A copy of Cory’s book, 54 Devils, about fortune-telling and playing cards
- A copy of Harry Potter: A History of Magic from the British Museum and the New York Historical Society and Library
That’s a lot of good stuff!
The contest will run through December 31st, 2018, so get your shares out there by then and make sure to comment on the video at the top of this post once you’ve shared so that you can get your name in the Sorting Hat for this contest.
Good luck, and thanks for watching!