In our Yuletide episode, we listen to carols (and of course some wassails), hear a story about an ember-eating ancient creature, and share listener greetings for the season.
Please check out our Patreon page! You can help support the show for as little as a dollar a month, and get some awesome rewards at the same time. Even if you can’t give, spread the word and let others know, and maybe we can make New World Witchery even better than it is now.
Producers for this show: Heather, Jenna, Achija of Spellbound Bookbinding, Corvus, Khristopher, Ye Olde Magic Shoppe, Raven Dark Moon, Little Wren, J.C., Mandy, Josette, Jen Rue of Rue & Hyssop, Catherine, AthenaBeth, Cynara at The Auburn Skye, Victoria, Johnathan at the ModernSouthernPolytheist, Montine, Regina, Hazel, Michael, Patrick, & Sherry (if we missed you this episode, we’ll make sure you’re in the next one!). Big thanks to everyone supporting us!
Download: Episode 120 – Yuletide Cheer! 2017
See “Promos & Music” for a complete track listing.
Special thanks this episode to listeners Achija, AthenaBeth, the young ladies who called in to ask about Krampus, and everyone else who wished us a happy season.
Special thanks as well to the luminous Sylvia V. Linsteadt for sharing a selection from her book, Tatterdemalion, with us during this episode. You can find out more about that book and the artwork of the equally luminous Rima Staines at Hedgespoken.
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter! And check out our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we also now have a page on Pinterest you might like, called “The Olde Broom.” Have something you want to say? Leave us a voice mail on our official NWW hotline: (442) 999-4824 (that’s 442-99-WITCH, if it helps).
Promos & Music
- Christmas Rhyme – Ewan MacCarroll (LOC/Lomax Collection)
- Apple Tree Wassail – Shira Kammen (Magnatune)
- Old Chistmas – Boyd Asher ((LOC/Lomax Collection)
- The Night Before Christmas – Harry E. Humphrey (Free Music Archive)
- What Cheer to a Ground – Quire Cleveland (Magnatune)
- Pan Hospordaryu – Ukranian Village Voice (Free Music Archive)
- Good King Wenceslas – Maya Solovy (Free Music Archive)
- Shchedrik – Kitka (Magnatune)
- The Holly & the Ivy – Quire Cleveland (Magnatune)
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella – Aaron DeVries (Free Music Archive)
- Bring Us in Good Ale – Shira Kammen (Magnatune)
- Pat-a-Pan – Steve Eulberg (Magnatune)
- Un Enfant Vien De Nuit – Modestus Eugene and the Trinidad and Tobago Singers (LOC/Lomax Collection)
- White Christmas – Marigolds Scratch Band (LOC/Lomax Collection)
- O Day – Georgia Sea Island Singers (LOC/Lomax Collection)
- Song for a Winter’s Night – The Nancies (Free Music Archive)
- Solstice Night – J. Tucker (with Artist Permission)
- In the Bleak Midwinter – Maya Solovy (Free Music Archive)
- “Da Day Dawn,” Samantha Gillogly (With Artist Permission)
Incidental Music: “The Glory of the Kitchen” (Passamezzo – Magnatune); Seth Partridge – Sing We Now of Christmas (Free Music Archive); “Stille Nacht” (Ralph Rousseau Meulenbroeks – Magnatune); “Winter’s Ritual” and “Treachery is Afoot” (S.J. Tucker); “Constellations,” “Aurora Borealis,” and “Celestial Sphere” (Robert Otto – Magnatune); “Ceremonies for a Christmas Eve – Passamezzo (Magnatune)”