Podcast 75 – Moon Magic
We’re back with our eyes on the sky, talking about the role of the moon in magic. We’ll discuss the divinity, folklore, and practical spellwork we associate with our lovely satellite, and make a plan for kick-starting our witchy engines in the moonlight. Plus, a new contest!
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 75
Please continue to keep Laine in your thoughts and prayers, as she is dealing with a serious (but thankfully not life-threatening) medical issue.
- Aradia, by C.G. Leland
- The Sea Priestess, by Dion Fortune (also check out her book, Moon Magic)
- Earth Power and Earth, Air, Fire, Water, by Scott Cunningham
- Almanacs in general, like The Old Farmer’s Almanac or The Witches’ Almanac
- Cory mentions his article “Killing the Moon,” found in Hands of Apostasy, from Three Hands Press
- You can also look at our post on Moon Magic for more information
Big thanks again to Atticus Hob, who recently announced that his show is indefinitely off the air, but who did a marvelous job as our co-host last month. Check out his Orphan’s Almanac site for updates.
We talk about the concept of moon calendar names, a subject derived from a recent discussion on Betwixt & Between.
Our apologies for the technical glitch in the middle of the episode. We’ll try harder next time, we promise!
Also, check out the Spring Lore 2015 contest, and win one of three great prizes!
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
Tags: America, American, Appalachians, aradia, conjure, divination, folk magic, folklore, full moon, gardening, initiation, magic, moon, moon phases, new world witchery, omens, Podcast, witch, witchcraft, witcheryBoth comments and pings are currently closed.