Podcast 57 – New Orleans
In this extended episode, we revisit our recent trip to the magical city of New Orleans. We’ll discuss the most recent Pagan Podkin Super Moot, places to see in the Crescent City, and hear some music, travelogues, and even a tea leaf reading or two!
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 57
- Big thanks and mention to Erzulie’s, which hosted the event!
- Yo Mama’s Bar & Grill
- Cafe Du Monde (delicious beignets & chicory coffee)
- The Gumbo Shop
- Chartres House
- Bottom of the Cup Tea Room (where we got our leaves read!)
- New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum
Tours & Events:
- French Quarter Phantoms (great walking tour with ghost stories & absinthe tasting)
- Tours BaYou (awesome downloadable driving tour of the Garden District)
- Folk Magic Festival
- American Horror Story: Coven – Made Laine watch her first episode in NOLA!
- Jitterbug Perfume, by Tom Robbins – Cory bought his wife some perfume from Bourbon French Parfum because of its connection to this book.
We announced a new contest in this episode! Details are coming in a separate post, but the basic rules are: 1) Buy something, anything, from one of the sponsors in the list below; 2) Take a picture with that item (or a a picture/screengrab of the receipt); 3) Send your picture to email@example.com and let us know to enter you in the contest. You could win one of three fully-stuffed PPSM Swag Bags, full of items from these great sponsors!
PPSM Sponsors! (We love them!!!)
(We’ll be posting more on these items in other places, but here’s a short list of the swag items and sponsors)
- Javamancy Kit – Carnavalia/The Mystic Dream
- Three Venezuelan Powers Holy Card Sets – Camino de Yara
- Stay with ME Bath – The Curio & Candle Shop
- Lucky Green Rice Sachets – Draconis Arcanum
- Handcrafted Conjure Condition Oils – Candlesmoke Chapel
- 2014 Witches’ Companion – Llewellyn Publications
- “Horsetamer” CD – Julia Ecklar & Prometheus Music
- “Traditions” Download Card – Kellianna
- Enchantment – Pendraig Publishing
- Banshees, Werewolves, Vampires, & Other Creatures of the Night – Red Wheel/Weiser Books
- The Candle & the Crossroads – Red Wheel/Weiser Books
- Fifty-four Devils Cartomancy Kit – New World Witchery
- Witches & Pagans Magazine – BBI Media
- Herbal Healing Salve – Rue & Hyssop/Three Brooms & a Cat
- Magical Miscellany Oil & Incense – Magical Miscellany
- Coconut Oil & Obsidian – Kathleen Borealis/Borealis Meditations
- Mini-Altar Kits/Dowsing Rods – Franchesca /VampRaven’s Nest
- Scarlet’s Deck – Scarlet’s Treasures
- And let’s also do our best to say thanks to Anna, owner of Erzulie’s Voodoo
If you have feedback you’d like to share, email us or leave a comment. We’d love to hear from you!
- “When the Saints Go Marching In,” by Wingy Malone (from Archive.org)
- “Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho,” by the Delta Choral Union (from Archive.org)
- “Iko Iko,” by the Grateful Dead (from Archive.org)
- “New Orleans Stomp,” by Louis Armstrong (from Archive.org)
New Orleans Recollections from:
Tags: America, conjure, folk magic, folklore, fortune-telling, hoodoo, magic, mojo, New Orleans, new world witchery, Podcast, podcasting, ppsm4, recommendations, super moot, supermoot, tasseomancy, tea leaves, travel, Voodoo, Voodoo Hoodoo, witch, witchcraft, witcheryBoth comments and pings are currently closed.