Podcast 43 – Solitary, Partner, or Coven
On our first episode back from summer break, we are looking at practicing magic alone, with a friend, or in a group. Plus we talk about finding teachers and styles of magical learning.
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 43
Some of the sources we discuss:
- Some information on Gardnerian and Alexandrian Wicca (or Wica)
- Information on Robert Cochrane, including some links to his letters
- Cory mentions American Druidry group ADF
- We can’t recommend Peter Paddon’s sites enough
- Some notes on Tituba
- Here is Hubert Davis’ The Silver Bullet book
- We mention “The Horned Women” which Cory’s read before on the show
- Check out the tale of “Vasilisa the Beautiful,” featuring Russian witch Baba Yaga
- For more on the benedanti, Carlo Ginzburg’s books are a great source
- Cory mentions the Cultus Sabbati at one point
- Definitely check out Oraia’s episode on the Buddhist Mandala
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter!
Tags: Baba Yaga, coven, folk magic, folklore, learning witchcraft, magic, magical partnership, new world witchery, Podcast, solitary, storytelling, the horned women, Tituba, witch, witchcraft, Witchcraft 201, witcheryBoth comments and pings are currently closed.