On our first episode back from summer break, we are looking at practicing magic alone, with a friend, or in a group. Plus we talk about finding teachers and styles of magical learning.
Download: New World Witchery – Episode 43
Some of the sources we discuss:
- Some information on Gardnerian and Alexandrian Wicca (or Wica)
- Information on Robert Cochrane, including some links to his letters
- Cory mentions American Druidry group ADF
- We can’t recommend Peter Paddon’s sites enough
- Some notes on Tituba
- Here is Hubert Davis’ The Silver Bullet book
- We mention “The Horned Women” which Cory’s read before on the show
- Check out the tale of “Vasilisa the Beautiful,” featuring Russian witch Baba Yaga
- For more on the benedanti, Carlo Ginzburg’s books are a great source
- Cory mentions the Cultus Sabbati at one point
- Definitely check out Oraia’s episode on the Buddhist Mandala
Don’t forget to follow us at Twitter!
Promos & Music
Title music: “Homebound,” by Jag, from Cypress Grove Blues. From Magnatune.
Promo 1 – The Infinite & the Beyond
Promo 2 – Iron Powoqa Radio
4 thoughts on “Podcast 43 – Solitary, Partner, or Coven”
Hi, do you do transcripts of your pod casts?
On 13 August 2012 11:31, New World Witchery – the Search for American
Great topic, and nice to see someone covering magical partnerships (though not unexpected from you all). Most folks seem to think there’s only solitary and group practice. I started with a partner, moved to solitary (partner decided to be Christian again), and now work both in a group and on my own. Groups can be wonderful but, as you pointed out, require a lot of scheduling and compromise to work.
Can’t wait until the next podcast!
Yeah you’re back!
You’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award! Congrats! Check out the details here: http://ayslynscorner.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/sunshine-award/
Comments are closed.