-SHOWNOTES FOR EPISODE 30-
This episode is all about the magical professions found in folk and fairy tales. Laine discusses weaving in WitchCraft, and Cory looks at iron and War Water in Spelled Out.
Download: New World Witchery: Episode 30
The Element Encyclopedia of Witches & Witchcraft, by Judika Illes
Some of the fairy tales and folklore we reference are:
- “Snow White & Rose Red” – Grimm Bros.
- “Hansel & Gretel” – Grimm Bros.
- “Rumpelstiltskin” – Grimm Bros.
- “The Goose Girl” – Grimm Bros.
- “The Girl without Hands” – Grimm Bros.
- “The Fisherman & His Wife” – Grimm Bros.
- “The Fisherman & the Djinn” – Arabian Nights
- “Hephaestus & Aphrodite” – Greek Mythology (from The Odyssey, Book 8, starting around line 250)
- “Wayland the Smith” – Teutonic Mythology
- “The Golem” – Czech Folklore
- “Tubal Cain, the First Blacksmith” – Biblical Lore
- “Burn, Witch, Burn” –Movie from 1962, based on book The Conjure Wife, by Fritz Leiber
- The Green Face – Book by Gustav Meyrink
- “The Gingerbread Man” – American Folktale
Please also consider donating to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which is currently helping victims of severe weather across the country.
Finally, both Laine and Cory will be attending the Second Annual Pagan Podkin Supermoot in Salem, MA, on the weekend of Sept. 17th, 2011. Find out more details about the event and opportunities to come meet us in person at the PPSM2 Website. [Laine respectfully asks that she not be in any photographs, due to privacy concerns—Cory will be happy to wear a wig and pretend to be Laine, however].